Tuesday 6 January 2015

"Shade."

   

 Yes, I am a lover of shade, dappled if I can get it.

  All those light and shade patterns, dark patches, light bits.

  In this garden, I have to search for shade, let alone a dapple or

  two, or more, even when  I search long and hard.

  Can't wait for my trees to grow, all old and knotty and gnarled.

  Casting shade, letting in little bits of light, wonderous to watch.

  Ever changing, shapes and patterns, with every hint of breeze.

  So whoever is in charge of my year book, can you not let it run

out, until I see my trees grow.

 All old and  knotty and gnarled.

 


 

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling pretty old, knotty and gnarled at the moment! But I agree with you, shade is an essential part of a garden, particularly an Australian one. I can retreat beneath our old orange tree, and I have a chair there, but I'm thinking a hammock would be good!

    ReplyDelete