Sunday 17 November 2013

"Message to Elmer."

    I . have done it this year, I've pipped that Wascaly Rabbit at the post. Eat your heart out Elmer Phud. Last year I came second, which really meant I came last.
    Last year I waited and watched, waited and watched some more.  For the long awaited and anticipated flowering of my "Chocolate Lily",  But alas the Rabbit got there first.
    You remember the Chocolate Lily with its loverly smell, they flowered in the scrub, the flowered on the roadsides on the walk to school, they flowered in the paddocks.
     You remember when, back when, we could find frogs eggs and tadpoles in water filled drains and dams, when mushrooms popped up everywhere. . When yabbies were plentiful. Back when I could wander up , up and over the hill, only one hill mind you. I was never a very brave or bold child. Two hills would have meant, I'd have probably gone to China or somwhere far, far away. May not have made it home in time for tea.
   Back when Chemical Companies didn't rule the world, spoilt it all they have.
   Back to the flowering of the " Chocolate Lily," I fenced and protected and guarded with my life. Some may say, I haven't got a life. But I'm sure Elmer would have been proud of me, to beat that "Wascal of a Wabbit", and enjoy the flowering of my "Chocolate Lily".
   

No comments:

Post a Comment