Tuesday 26 November 2013

"That Word Beginning With "S"."

   Not snail, nor slug, not even sand-flys. But that dreaded word "Summer", it is nearly here, my most, not liked, most unwelcomed Season, never is it ever heralded in, in good Grace.
   I was  a slow starter in the Sand, Sun, and Beach Babe Thing, perhaps, not quite factual, real truth I never got started.
 Who wants to sit back and watch their garden, sizzle and wilt, and sometimes much worse. How can you enjoy digging and raking and pushing the barrow back and forth. When the  Weather Man says,  "Wonderful, beach day forecast, for today,  will probably be swimming weather all week."
  Does he ever Forecast, "Good Gardening Weather, enjoy your Day amongst your petunias".
  So while I hide inside and peruse Garden Books, with lush greenery and flowing waterways, dream hard, enough that a white Christmas just might happen. That when I turn the calender it will be Autumn next.
 Wondering why I live where it heads up over 40 degrees plus regularly. Where drops of moisture very rarely leave the sky.
  Look out the window, all is growing and happy, not wilting and sad, only the " Gardener Who Lives Here" looks Wilted and Sad.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Kim! even though my body feels better in the warmth than the cold I do hate to see that garden suffer so through the Summer and wonder like you, why we live here...sigh
    At the moment the roses have some pretty heads nodding and smelling sweet, but this coming week, they will be frizzled. Oh so sad to see. I pick them while in bud, and love them inside instead....thanks for your great blog Bev

    ReplyDelete