Thursday 7 November 2013

"Visiting Heaven."

    I have been visiting the " Realm of Gardens, in High Places", those lovely gardens, shrouded in mist, sitting up amongst the clouds. Gardens in the Dandenongs, well it is closer to Heaven, than the Wimmera Plains.
    I have wondered why I live in a flat dry area, when I yearn to hide in the hills, walk in the mist, grow things I wouldn't dream of planting here. Stop your winge woman and just be greatful, you have space around you and today there is a bit  of moisture falling from the sky.
   While I was visiting Heaven, I came across a Nursery-Cafe, Open Garden, "CloudHill" at Olinda. ...
    Oh, to sit and wander in magic, beautiful, imagination plus,  in the more formal areas, and on you wander and down in the Gully. Lyre Birds dancing. Told you I had visited " Heaven".
    Then the more "Decandant" Area, Cafe on the hill, ask nice smiley Waitress for " pot of tea and something totaly wicked," she does not disappoint, "Chocolate, almond and date Torte, with a little bit of whipped cream and strawberries on the side. " Hell" for the hips, "Heaven"  for the taste buds.
     One day I will visit again, not for the sight of Lycra clad bike riding men, with sinewy muscles ,lean and fit. Totally in Aw of these bikers, not because of the physique, but the fact,  they can still converse with each other while pedaling "Up" the Mountain.
     Magic, scenery, magic gardens and the food is not to bad either.

1 comment:

  1. Well Kim, that would have been heaven to see that garden, wish I'd been there with you. We have visited the Hunter Valley Gardens in NSW, and if you ever get the chance, go and see them, as there is another heaven in that area, it makes you gasp for breathe, and is inspirational, and we all need that on our daily walk!

    ReplyDelete