Tuesday 21 January 2014

"What's in a Name"

   I know someone else wrote, that same line a long time ago, I'm not cheating. Just thought it sounded good.

 Well, you may ask What is in a Name. I have the most fussy, prissy rose in my garden, with the name of "Imperial Tipsy Concubine", and yes I did buy her solely because of her title. Why wouldn't you, it has a slight allure about it.

  She must have been ,some sort of bonza sheila or a real top chick, to have a rose named after her all those years ago. Way back when Emperors kept concubines, maybe they still do. I'm not on first name basis with any Emperors,. to ask what they do in their spare time.

  She is temperamental, sulks when it's damp, wayward at times, has been hanging out here for ages. Only holding her place, because who could dig up and ditch a Concubine.

  But last week, 46 degree heat, she pops buds open all over the place, maybe there is the answer to her title.

 She likes things  "Hot."

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Sure brought a smile to my face. Perhaps Imperial Tipsy Concubine is meant to bring about balance with the other occupant of the garden who doesnt like it so hot!! I think you may choose your flowers / plants similarly to how I used to choose my wine, by the name or the picture on the label (a few moons ago now). Relish the cooler weather and listen to the story of your concubine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got a chuckle out of my madness. But she really is a temparmental floosy, if roses can come uner the heading of floosy.

    ReplyDelete