Tuesday 6 May 2014

"A Want has Been Granted."


    Well, yes it has happened, we have had rain, that lovely stuff that falls from above, hear it on the roof rain, watch it run down the window pane rain, walk in and get wet rain.

  That last bit was a bit of a sore point with, Spoilt Black Dog who Lives here, more sense to stay on his bed and sleep sort of rain to him.. But I took charge, for a change, we walked till we were wet and watched the garden get happier and happier,

   Then it was cup of tea time, dry off time, all I was missing was a kettle that whistled on a wood stove, a clock with a  tick, tocking, sound in the background.
  
   These modern things just don't quite do it, a digital clockface has no character, the on-off click of an electric kettle, not quite right. either.

    Pity there wasn't the aroma of hot scones to add to my dream, but then you can't do everything.

   The walk was wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. Even without the "tick-tock" and a whistling kettle , a rainy day indoors , in a home you're comfortable in, with a dog you love is a cozy day indeed. I love such days exceedingly ! ( good thing I live in a place where it frequently rains )

    ReplyDelete
  2. KathyB. it so rarely rains here, I just so love a rainy day. Very much a cold weather girl, no Beach Babe here, rugged up and walking in the wet, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful walks are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willow, you are so right, that is my special time of day, just myself, the spoilt black dog and nature.

    ReplyDelete