Thursday 29 August 2013

"Creature of Habit and All that is Normal."

Realized today, just how much I do out of habit, Yes I've already addressed the pulling up the blind thing, and Welcoming the new Day, doesn't everyone  greet each new day, I would have thought that is normal.
 Brew tea, green first, don one gardening glove, collect  Black Dog,  wander towards back of garden, detouring, to let girls and new young Stud rooster out of chook house. The Old one literally fell of the perch, so he has been replaced, by much younger version, girls still bossing him around. I have  warned them, Spring is in the air, and New Young Stud is growing up.
  Why one glove you may wonder, I'm really not sure Why, maybe it is a Michael Jackson thing, I know if I back up to a patch of nettles, I can cut the dance moves fairly snappily. Perhaps one glove denotes the fact, I can't get to serious about it, because that thing they call employment is only about and hour away.
  After, a bit of weed pulling it is back for a black cup of tea, always in that order. Well the back garden is all natives, the front part more "refined" more fluffier stuff. A need for a china cup and black tea, without the little finger sticking out, it is still encased in its glove.
  I don't hang Other Person Who Shares this house, clothes on the line with only blue pegs, and mine with pink, I may turn my teapot around 3 times before pouring, I do cringe and say sorry when I have to dispose of a snail. I do plant many plants, I recall growing as  happy memories, as a child.
 I suppose it is all just normal, I have been told, normal people would not keep making more garden beds or plant more plants.  Maybe then I'm not that "Normal"

1 comment:

  1. We too (that is I and the newest member to our family) greet each new day, welcome in the sunshine or observe that Ipsy Wipsy wont be out today on the damper days. We also say hello to the moon who watches over us during our special early morning times together. Perhaps we can create a new kind of normal together :)

    ReplyDelete