Monday 26 August 2013

Now Why Do I Do It.

In one of my thinking moments, they happen on an odd occasion, I pondered the question why do I garden.

Well, why not, instant answer to the question. But a bit of a Danoz Direct answer, of course and there is more.
1.Who else is going to keep Nursery owners out of the poor house and earning a $ or two.
2. Plant Catalogues, well the Postie has work, the Stamp makers and sellers  have work, more good deeds by a gardener, keeping unemployment down.
3. It's a chance to hide, family won't come near you, in case they are asked to cart, carry,pick, pod.
4. Get out and away from the ironing, dishes, mending. Still haven't worked out how to have it all not there when I return indoors. More thinking needed on that matter.
5. Exercise, I don't mean all the digging, walking to and fro etc. I mean, when your garden just looks just so darn good, it makes you want to dance. What's the saying,  " Dance as if  no-one is looking", who cares if they are looking.
6.There is also that garden sign "Sing like no-one is listening. How do you know, there isn't a talent scout, just passing your garden gate. Sing, yodel, hum, plants grow so much better.
7. Endless reasons to garden, but beware it can become addictive.




1 comment:

  1. Its the best addiction anybody can have. Nothing beats that first cuppa outside with the birds singing and the wonderful perfumes coming from ones garden. My patch is only a small one but rest assured it gives me so much pleasure. Keep up the blogs Kim they're great reading

    ReplyDelete