Tuesday 27 August 2013

Early Start to the Day.

Awake, my New Holland Honeyeater Alarm, has not arrived yet to start his early morning wake-up call. Every morning without fail, he will arrive outside the bedroom window, and start my day  with his song He, we will say he is a he, with a chirp, chirp then he becomes creative and adds a twirl to his next chirp and he repeats the process over and over. It is a bit of pre-dawn awakening, because now that spring is arriving  not long after he will be joined by a black bird, who sits in the weeping mulberry. Who always faces East as the sun comes up and sings the most melodious tune.
 I know of people who complain about the poor little blackbirds, who scratch incessantly disturbing their newly planted seedlings, spreading mulch all over pristine paths, making their lives a misery. I will keep enjoying their lovely sound morning and evening, with only one tiny misgiving, if I start the tune "Black Bird Singing in the Dead of Night" singing in my head it has a habit of staying there, round and round like a record for some time.
He has arrived in full voice, must be time for my mandatory barrow full of weeding, before work, watch the new day arrive and enjoy. Are there other odd souls out there, who open their blinds and mentally acknowledge the new day with a "Good Morning" I'm Happy to be Here to Enjoy You.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to be an odd soul with you. I, along with newest addition to our family welcome in the sunshine each morning or make note that Ipsy Wipsy won't be out today if it is a little damp. Lunar watches over us during the early hours and our special time together. Odd souls unite and create a different kind of normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I wasn't alone out there in the Universe, greeting the New Day or heading out to view the night sky, listen to the frogs, and simply just enjoy being right in that very moment.

    ReplyDelete