Thursday 3 October 2013

" The Ego."

  I know they say pride comes before a fall, well down I've slipped. I've been watching my "Giant Towers" Echium with much adoration, it has grown to the most amazing size, well worth a big brag about, come "Do Day" Well you know all about my love of wind,  the over breezy stuff we have had to suffer this last few days. Has tipped my much wanting to " Brag" about Echium clean out of the ground. So now it lies in all its glory,  prone sideways on the earth.
   What right did I have to brag, it self seeded there all by itself, I never gave it a drink,  the sky did that, the sun shone on it, without my assistance. With all that neglect from this so-called Gardener, what right did I have to Skite and Brag and be Proud.
   So the Ego is dented, will I hang my head in shame, for wanting to skite and brag, No probably not, will just hope it self seeds where it lies prone on it's side, so perhaps I get to gloat and smile next year. "Oh! Yes I planted that, enormous isn't it"

1 comment:

  1. Things flourish when they know they are welcome and loved and cared for, both the garden and human variety. Your Echium is no exception. If it is meant to be in your garden, it will sprout from where it lays. Look how proud and tall it stands in the photo. I feel it will be back. Good luck for the do. So much love and support will be shared by everyone who will come and visit the magical garden you have tendered and created. And the weather has calmed, the sun is shining and you have done good!

    ReplyDelete