Tuesday 22 April 2014

"Sexism in the Garden."


      Now I have been known to greet my roses, with a bit of a wolf whistle and a "Boy,  you're looking the goods today."   Is it not wrong to show your apprieciation,  to something that looks pretty alright.

   But I'm told it is just not the thing do these days, to single out the girls from the boys, Germaine Greer and all that stuff, equality of the sexes.

   Well, if that is the case, I'll have to start looking for more unisex names for my roses. Can't be classed as not with it and up with the times. Maybe I'll go with a Jo or a Peta or anything else that will not discriminate.

   But no, I'll just be happy with whatever.

    So rose breeders I'm on the look out for a Gazza, or a Bazza, maybe a George or a Bryan. Something  I can say, "Boy, aren't you just the cutest darn thing I've seen today."


2 comments:


  1. I love a good smile and roses ~ you provide me with both !



    I love a good smile and the smell of roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting to realize a few people think I am totally daft, the way I write about my garden. I happy to make you smile, and I do so love roses, whatever their title is.

    ReplyDelete