Friday 25 April 2014

"In Training and the benefits."

  
   I am in training, now this is no laughing matter. Travelling partner friend, said "We are all booked", Oh, I thought, yes I can hear Borneo calling me back again.

   No,  not the delights of Borneo again, "Marathon", she says, "Run the Gap". Now, hello, run, I really do think it will be a walk, with a few quick steps, chucked in every now and again.
 
    Why would you want to run all the way, think of all that good scenery you would miss, if you quick stepped it all the way.   Why would you want to run past all the people, huffing and puffing and out of breath. Not being friendly if you are short of breath and can't say, hello and pass the time of day.

  Now that brings me to the reason why I need to be in training, you know how I love Autumn. When the quince trees are all laden with those golden baubles, that end up cooked and in my plate.

   Yoghurt is good with them, ice-cream, not to bad, but lashings of cream is just the treat.

   So bring on the training, while  I eat my plate full of quince, with a litttle bit of cream, or is it the other way, cream with a little bit of quince.

   While, I'm in training, I can eat twice as much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you ~ I much prefer walking ~ strolling even! Good luck though.
    Quince, now that sounds delicious, we have a way old tree but it never produces anything. Enjoy your cream and don't forget to add just a teeny bit of quince!

    ReplyDelete