Monday 17 March 2014

A Little bit of Leaf Listening."



  I really wish that trees could talk, I would love to hear their stories.
   But then again they probably can, when you really think about it.
I wonder what the She-Oaks are all whispering about, when the wind blows through their branches.
   The Poplar trees, when the breeze ruffles their leaves are all a lot of chatter.
  . The boughs creak and groan, when the wind blows hard and strong, or is it just that they are getting old and arthritis has set in.
   Do they  reproach a Wood-Pecker when he pecks to hard, or tell a Tree-Creeper to creep a little slower. Do they worry when it is lopping time, or say this will make us flourish.

   Even if I can't join in, I'd be happy to just sit back and listen to their natter.

2 comments:

  1. So would I Kim,and I love your thoughts with this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev., love listening to the she-oaks and poplars when the breeze blows. Can't imagine not listening to the sound. Someone said they never notice it.

      Delete